15 Apr Pumpkin and Hazelnut Pesto
500g peeled and seeded butternut squash
5g roasted and finely ground cumin seed
85g roast and skinned hazelnuts
10g apple syrup
30g roast pumpkin seed
30g confit garlic
5g Italian parsley
25ml extra virgin olive oil
1. Chop butternut into even large dice, combine butternut, honey, apple syrup, and cumin in a roasting tray.
2. Cover with baking paper and tinfoil.
3. Roast at 175 degrees Celsius until soft (approximately 45 minutes).
4. Allow the roast pumpkin to cool.
5. Process hazelnuts and pumpkin seeds in a food processor until a chunky consistency. Set aside.
6. Process the butternut pumpkin, garlic, and half of the nut mixture until well combined.
7. Transfer to a bowl and fold through the remaining nut mix, chopped parsley, and olive oil.
8. Season to taste.
9. Serve with warm bread or crackers.